(Grunfeld, who had been Washington’s general manager for 16 years, was “relieved of his duties” on April 2. Here are some very stupid things he did in his time with the Wizards.)
Honorable mentions: He signed Dwight Howard to a two-year contract this past offseason; he gave Gilbert Arenas a $111 million extension after a major injury; he traded Arenas for Rashard Lewis, in a comical swap of over-the-hill stars on horrifyingly fat contracts; and he generally contributed to another 16 years of non-50 win seasons for the Wizards/Bullets, which now stands at 40 years.
5. He gave Ian Mahinmi a four-year, $64 million contract in 2016. Mahinmi is now arguably the least tradable player ever.
4. He gave John Wall -- another candidate for least tradable -- the super-max, which kicks in next season and will pay the oft-injured point guard $170 million over the next four seasons.
3. He traded the fifth pick in the 2009 draft for Mike Miller and Randy Foye. Steph Curry went seventh in that draft.
2. He gave Andray Blatche a $28 million extension in 2010 a year after he broke his foot. Blatche was so bad Washington amnestied his contract two years in.
1. He took Jan Vesely sixth overall in the 2011 draft, ahead of Kawhi Leonard and Klay Thompson. Vesely lasted three seasons and 162 games.
Let's take this to your inbox. Sign up below.